[Friday, November 23, 2007 | | 0 comments ]

The Language Centre is the language school here in the University of Warwick. There the students can take the core language courses (one term) they need for the MBA and other courses, but they also can take extra-curricular courses, called leisure courses.
Originally, I wanted to take up French again. But I found it to be too much.

  • First of all, the courses usually take up two terms, and I would be able to use them only for one term.
  • Secondly, I personally could not free up the time for language studies. Just not high enough in my priorities list.
  • Thirdly, there is a cost involved, about one hundred pounds for each course. So I decided not to try it this time.

Apparently, the Language Lab also has good multimedia facilities and material available to the public, so you could, in theory, go there to use their learning DVDs and do some private study in the language you prefer, on your own time and rhythm. I haven't tried it, though.
The full time MBA students will have to take one language course next term, when a second group of Mannheim exchange students will come. This means that they will have a group of colleagues to accompany to the language course, and this might work as a good incentive. Here is their website:
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/languagecentre/courses/


View Larger Map


0 comments

Post a Comment