[Wednesday, August 19, 2009 | | ]

I was showing my cousin around in Hamburg doing a walking tour with www.newhamburgtours.com on Monday and I saw the curious vehicle in the picture.
I like bikes and new bike designs. Foldable bikes, recumbent bikes, trikes, tandem, the red Stadträder, etc. If possible, I will try to live without a car and Hamburg, being flat and having good bike paths, seems the place to try this out. That is, weather permitting ;)
But back to BioBob, this was the first time I saw them and it was pretty obvious that they were delivering fruits. As it often is, you need a second reminder to look something up. I was checking the Hamburg@Work website and saw that BioBob is one of their partners. And BioBob is just what it seems: a bio delivery service of fruits (and coffee, and snacks) for offices, focusing on bio and fair trade products and delivering mostly by bike. Nothing fancy, but nice initiative.
Their page at HH@W sums it up pretty well, but they have their own website also, of course.
http://www.biobob.com/

BTW: New Hamburg (Europe) Tours is also an interesting business model focused on green: walking tours instead of big, expensive and polluting buses and a tips based revenue model, you pay what you think the tour was worth.